(NAPSI)-Every week, fans across the nation get together for tailgate parties. As the crowds gather for fun with family and friends, one of the most important components is the food. A simple ingredient that can create a new take on tailgating meals is the Hass avocado.
Always in season, Hass avocados are readily available for tailgating parties year-round. Much more than just the main ingredient in guacamole, avocados can serve as a tantalizing topping for all kinds of traditional tailgating dishes, from burgers to sandwiches to salads.
Tailgating chefs are quickly learning that avocados are a perfect ingredient to liven up their menus--they are quick and easy to prepare and add a great creamy texture and flavor to meals.
For a twist on the traditional burger at your next tailgate gathering, try this recipe for Stuffed Hamburgers with Hass Avocado and Jarlsberg Cheese. Guests are sure to enjoy these delicious stuffed burgers bursting with Hass avocado.
Stuffed Hamburgers With Hass Avocado And Jarlsberg Cheese
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup coarse ground mustard
1½ lbs. lean ground beef
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1½ tsp. prepared steak seasoning
1 ripe, fresh Hass avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and chopped into ½-inch cubes
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 head garlic, roasted
4 slices Jarlsberg cheese
4 ciabatta rolls, sliced and toasted on the grill
24 baby arugula leaves, rinsed thoroughly and dried
2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced in ¼-inch thick rounds
1. Combine mayonnaise and mustard, set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine meat, Worcestershire sauce and steak seasoning. Mix well. Divide meat mixture into equal portions per serving and form each portion into two thin patties, set aside.
3. Gently combine avocado and lemon juice, making sure all avocado is dressed.
4. Top half of the patties with the avocado mixture and squeeze the contents of two roasted garlic cloves on top of the avocado mixture on each patty. Then top each with another patty, pinching to seal, forming a smooth edge.
5. Grill over medium-hot coals for 5-6 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside. Just before removing from the grill, place a slice of cheese on each patty and allow to melt. Place ciabatta rolls cut side down on the grill to toast. Remove burgers and rolls from the grill.
6. To prepare sandwich: Spread mayonnaise mustard mixture on both sides of each roll. On the bottom slice of each roll place arugula, tomato slices and grilled meat. Finish with roll top.
TIP: To make roasted garlic: Slice ¼-inch off top of garlic head (opposite of root end). Place in oven-proof pan, root side down, and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in a 350° F oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool. Separate cooked cloves and use as desired. Delicious as a spread on toasted bread.
For more delicious recipes perfect for tailgating, visit the Hass Avocado Board Web site at avocadocentral.com.
Fayette Front Page
Community News You Can Use
Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Tyrone
Georgia Front Page