(NAPSI)-Style-savvy hosts are always looking for ways to create chic celebrations for family and friends. This season it's all about bringing the hottest fashion trends and runway looks into your party-planning process. According to celebrity stylist and entertaining expert Robert Verdi, this season is all about the color purple, using layers of accessories, combining a mix of high-end and affordable items, and customizing your look to make sure your own style shines through. Below, Robert and Ecco Domani Wines of Italy share the top five tips for hosting an unforgettable fete.
1. First impressions are crucial when people enter your home, and just like in fashion, making a memorable statement goes a long way! Create a warm and welcoming environment for guests by illuminating your entryway--just place a collection of candles around the space to create a festive but intimate vibe.
2. Just as you would with your wardrobe, take inspiration from one signature piece and build your party around it. For example, pick a signature wine for the evening that not only tastes great but looks great on your table and make it the centerpiece of your chic gathering. Ecco Domani just introduced a Pinot Noir with vibrant blueberry and blackberry aromas that can serve as the perfect accessory for stylish get-togethers. The sleek black, purple and silver bottle will add a fashion-forward accent to your decor.
3. Chic and easy touches add a personal dimension of style to your tabletop without breaking your budget. For example, think outside the box when creating place cards--show your flair for fashion by placing brooches from your favorite local vintage shop on each plate with your guest's name attached. Or, if you want to add a splash of color to your table, try draping a vibrant purple scarf over plain linen for added interest.
4. From the hottest shows on TV to the trendiest looks on the runway, '60s style is back in a big way! Put your own spin on that stylish era by treating guests to a modern version of the classic cocktail party punch bowl. Or try mixing and matching inexpensive glassware to create a statement by using unique vessels that match your theme and add character. A set of mason jars or a collection of handblown artisan glassware will give your guests a unique style from which to sip.
5. To ensure an unforgettable evening, send your guests home in style with a fashionable gift bag. Fill a purple-colored tote with a collection of small candles, a vibrant printed silk scarf and a bottle of the new 2008 Pinot Noir.
For more entertaining and recipe ideas, visit www.eccodomani.com.
Fayette Front Page
Georgia Front Page