(NAPSI)-Few things say "I'm thinking of you" at holiday time like homemade cookies and shortbread. Here are two recipes, each made with that nifty nut, the macadamia.
CHOCOLATE SNOWBALL COOKIES
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
¾ cup packed light-brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup Hershey's® Special Dark® Chocolate Cocoa or Hershey's® Cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons milk
¾ cup finely chopped Mauna Loa® macadamia nuts or almonds
¾ cup Heath Bits 'O Brickle Toffee Bits
1. Beat butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until blended. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda; add with milk to butter mixture until well blended. Stir in nuts and toffee bits.
2. Refrigerate until firm enough to handle, at least 2 hours. Heat oven to 350° F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely; roll in powdered sugar. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
KISSABLES® CHOCOLATE CANDIES MACADAMIA SHORTBREAD
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
⅓ cup packed light-brown sugar
2½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup coarsely chopped Mauna Loa® Dry Roasted Macadamias
½ cup Hershey's® Kissables® chocolate candy in red, green and white colors
½ cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons milk
1. Heat oven to 350° F.
2. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl until creamy. Gradually mix in flour and macadamia nuts. Knead mixture until it holds together and can be pressed into a ball.
3. Divide dough into 4 portions. Shape dough on a lightly floured surface into four 10-inch long rolls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Make a ¼-inch deep grove down the center of each roll. Cut each roll diagonally into 1-inch slices, but do not separate slices. Press 3 to 4 chocolate candies into groove of each slice.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until surface and edges are lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet on wire rack. Recut slices; cool completely.
5. Stir together powdered sugar and milk; stir until smooth. If necessary, add additional milk, ½ teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies; allow drizzle to set.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
For these and other recipes, visit www.hersheys.com.
Fayette Front Page
Community News You Can Use
Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Tyrone
Georgia Front Page