(NAPSI)-It doesn't take a special gift to add a delicious twist to holiday gatherings--just a new take on some party classics.
For instance, meatballs are ideal because they are warm, enjoyable, bite-sized appetizers. But many holiday hosts don't know the Italian treats can be served in a number of tasty ways.
You can find recipes for serving meatballs--in virtually every form from soups and salads to stews--in a new cookbook called "101 Things to do with Meatballs" from The New York Times best-selling author Stephanie Ashcraft.
The book offers ideas for cooking with brands such as Casa Di Bertacchi meatballs, which are prepared with 100-percent boneless beef and seasoned with high-quality Italian ingredients, then seared and steamed in a traditional multigenerational Italian style. The cookbook is available for purchase online at www.gibbs-smith.com and is available for preorder on Amazon.com.
Try this unique twist on a classic favorite:
52 (2 lbs) frozen Casa Di Bertacchi fully cooked meatballs
1 can (16 oz) whole-berry cranberry sauce
1 cup barbecue sauce
Slow Cooker Directions:
• Place frozen meatballs in a 3½- to 5-quart slow cooker prepared with nonstick cooking spray.
• In a bowl, stir together cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce.
• Pour mixture over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2½-3 hours.
• During a party, meatballs can be left in the slow cooker on warm or low setting.
• Serve as appetizers with toothpicks.
• Combine all ingredients in a 3- to 4-quart saucepan.
• Cover and simmer over medium-low heat on the stove for 55-60 minutes, stirring occasionally until meatballs are heated through.
• Serve immediately or place them in a chafing dish to keep them warm.
The meatballs are available at Sam's Club. For more recipes and ideas, visit www.casameatballs.com.
Fayette Front Page
Georgia Front Page