(NAPSI)-Green Bean Casserole is a time-honored holiday side dish that was created 53 years ago and is still just as popular today. Here's the dish on this iconic holiday staple:
• An estimated 30 million households serve this creamy, crunchy favorite year after year.
• The traditional Green Bean Casserole recipe calls for a combination of green beans, Campbell's® Cream of Mushroom soup and French's® French Fried Onions. Through the years, people have started adding their own special touches, making it an integral part of their families' holiday recipe repertoire. Custom touches include garlic, red pepper or hot sauce, bacon, almonds, pecans and cheese.
• Save some for the next day! Try cutting leftover turkey into bite-sized pieces and stirring into the leftover casserole for an all-in-one meal.
• Love the flavor of Green Bean Casserole but prefer a lower-fat or lower-sodium variation? Try substituting 98 percent fat-free or 25 percent less sodium cream of mushroom soup.
No matter how you choose to enjoy it, this is one side that serves up rave reviews each and every time. For more information and recipe ideas, visit www.campbellskitchen.com.
Green Bean Casserole
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes
Makes 6 servings
1 can (10¾ ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or 25% Less Sodium)
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon soy sauce
Dash ground black pepper
4 cups cooked cut green beans
1⅓ cups French's® French Fried Onions
1. Mix soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and ⅔ cup onions in 1½-qt. casserole.
2. Bake at 350° F for 25 min. or until hot.
3. Stir. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake 5 min.
TIP: Use 1 bag (16 to 20 ounces) frozen green beans, 2 pkg. (9 ounces each) frozen green beans, 2 cans (about 16 ounces each) green beans or about 1½ lbs. fresh green beans for this recipe.
For a change of pace, substitute 4 cups cooked broccoli flowerets for the green beans.
For a creative twist, stir in ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese with soup. Omit soy sauce. Sprinkle with ¼ cup additional Cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions.
For a festive touch, stir in ¼ cup chopped red pepper with soup.
For a heartier mushroom flavor, substitute Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup for Cream of Mushroom Soup. Omit soy sauce. Stir in ¼ cup chopped red pepper with green beans.
Fayette Front Page
Community News You Can Use
Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Tyrone
Georgia Front Page