(NAPSI)-Spend more time celebrating with family and friends by limiting kitchen duty with easy appetizers featuring popular, affordable cheeses.
Here are hints: Boursin has an irresistible taste, a light, crumbly texture that melts readily and is best served simply on a baguette round. It comes in a variety of flavors, including Garlic & Fine Herbs and new Garlic & Roasted Red Pepper.
• Stuff the cheese into warmed minibrioche, top with herbs (savory) or sugared chopped pecans.
• On a cucumber round, layer a piping of the cheese with marinated sun-dried tomato.
• Parboil tiny potatoes. Scoop out a bit of the inside; mix potato with Boursin and diced prosciutto and stuff back into shell; bake 8-10 minutes at 350ºF.
Mild, mellow-nutty Jarlsberg is a classic, complementing a broad range of tastes.
• Cube it and skewer with a small piece of dried fruit, salami or chorizo, olive or sun-dried tomato and fresh basil.
• Try mini grilled cheese on pretzel bread with hot, sweet mustard.
• Make a fondue and dip in cubed French bread, fresh sliced apples and pears, or melt a wedge in a cast-iron skillet for satisfying raclette, served with roasted potatoes and grilled sausage.
Goat cheese is a delicious choice to have on hand for those who are lactose sensitive. Woolwich Dairy makes a style of soft, fresh chevrai that's mildly tangy plus a creamy, buttery goat Brie.
• Top goat Brie with strawberry preserves and toasted sliced almonds.
• Stuff chevrai goat cheese into fresh dates or figs; top with cherry preserves and chopped, salty nuts.
• Bake goat Brie in puff pastry dough for a classic treat.
Some simple ideas combining the cheeses:
• Stuff Boursin or chevrai goat cheese into cherry tomatoes; spread on cucumber rounds and endive leaves, sprinkle with chopped, fresh herbs or sprouts.
• Spread chevrai goat cheese or Boursin on baguette round; top with caramelized onions or fig jam and warm slightly.
For additional appetizer and entertaining ideas, visit www.norseland.com, www.boursincheese.com and www.woolwichdairy.com.
Fayette Front Page
Georgia Front Page