/PRNewswire/ -- Participating Chili's® Grill & Bar restaurants across the country will donate 100 percent of all profits Monday, Sept. 27 to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital® during the brand's annual Donate Profits Day. Each September during National Childhood Cancer Awareness month, Chili's supports St. Jude through the Create-A-Pepper to Fight Childhood Cancer campaign. To date, Chili's has raised more than $30 million for St. Jude, moving the brand beyond the halfway point of its 10-year goal of $50 million. Once completed, Chili's contribution will be the largest donation from a single partner campaign in St. Jude history.
* Sept. 27 is the culmination of Chili's month-long fundraising effort fueled by dedicated team members and restaurant guests. This year marks the first time donations can be made via text message and on Chili's Facebook page.
* In addition to donating digitally and dining at a participating Chili's on Donate Profits Day, guests may also: buy a five-pack of chili pepper-shaped Create-A-Pepper wrist bands for $3; at least 30 percent of the retail price will be donated to St. Jude.
* Use in-restaurant chili pepper coloring sheets to join Chili's e-club. For every new e-club member in September, Chili's will donate $1 to St. Jude, up to $1 million.
* Using a mobile phone, text HOPE to 90999 to make a $5 donation. Visit www.createapepper.com or www.chilis.com for more details.
* Become a Fan and donate on Facebook through the specialized "Create-A-Pepper" tab on Chili's Facebook page.
* Create an e-card at www.createapepper.com to e-mail family and friends.
* Visit www.createapepper.com to make an online donation.
"For the past six years, Chili's has been a tremendous national partner for St. Jude by putting our cause in front of their customers and asking for support," said Richard C. Shadyac Jr. CEO of ALSAC, the fundraising organization of St. Jude. "We are thrilled that Chili's—and its customers—have taken our mission to heart and have helped us continue the fight against childhood cancer."
Create-A-Pepper to Fight Childhood Cancer went national in 2004 when the campaign grew out of a local effort in 2002 after seven Memphis-area Chili's raised $14,000 for St. Jude with nothing more than crayons and chili pepper coloring sheets.
"I truly believe our team members gain as much from our annual Create-A-Pepper campaign as they give," said Wyman Roberts, president of Chili's Grill & Bar. "Every year, ChiliHeads look forward to September and know that with each pepper and online donation, a family is positively impacted. It's an opportunity to be part of something bigger than sales and they welcome it."
To learn more or make an online donation to the campaign, visit www.createapepper.com.
Community News You Can Use
Fayette Front Page
Georgia Front Page
Follow us on Twitter: @GAFrontPage